See all the results from tonight’s DREAM 15 event as they happen right here on https://mmainsight.com.
(Press F5 a required to refresh the page for the latest results)
Update: Watch full videos of the fights here
Shinya Aoki defeats Tatsuya Kawajiri by submission (achilles lock) in Rd1
– Just moments into the fight Aoki swoops for Kawajiri’s leg and takes him to the floor where he works a submission hold. After Kawajiri battles in vain for over a minute he’s finally forced to tap to an achilles lock.
Aoki celebrates a win which will help ease some of the pain of his recent loss to Gilbert Melendez in Strikeforce. Aoki announces to the crowd that he’s getting married while Kawajiri has to be helped out of the ring with his foot clearly badly damaged.
Aoki also announces that he will rematch Melendez in the DREAM ring in September.
JZ” Calvan defeats Katsunori Kikuno by split decision
– After a close first round which Kikuno appeared to get the better of JZ takes control in the second, taking down Kikuno, securing the mount and then seizing his back. He spends the rest of the fight trying, but ultimately falling short in his attempts to secure a rear-naked choke.
It’s enough to hand JZ the split decision win though and get him back to winning ways as he now heads to Strikeforce.
Gegard Mousasi defeats Jake O’Brien by submission (guillotine choke) in Rd1
– Mousasi makes short work of O’Brien, finishing him with a guillotine choke just 31 seconds into the bout to book his place in the light-heavyweight final against Mizuno.
Tatsuya Mizuno defeats Melvin Manhoef by submission (kimura) in Rd1
– Manhoef starts off in typically hard hitting fashion and hurts Mizuno early. As the round progresses Mizuno starts to get the upper hand though and unexpectedly drops Manhoef at the corner of the ring during an exchange before raining down heavy blows.
Manhoef looks very close to being knocked out and perhaps only survives because his head is partially covered by the pad in the corner where he fell. Mizuno then switches tactics and finishes the dazed fighter with a kimura to hand the Dutchman his third loss in a row (two in MMA, one in kickboxing) and progress to the final.
Michihiro Omigawa defeats Young Sam Jung by submission (guillotine choke) in Rd1
– Dropped early in the opening round with punches, Jung shows heart to stay in the battle. In the end Omigawa proves to be too much for him though, securing the mount and then forcing him to tap with a guillotine choke.
Mitsuhiro Ishida defeats Daiki “DJ.taiki” Hata by unanimous decision
– DJ has no answer for Ishida’s wrestling, finding himself with his back pressed to the mat for much of the encounter.
Kazuhiro Nakamura defeats Karl Amoussou by unanimous decision
– Nakamura controls Amoussou on the ground for much of the bout to secure a decision victory.