Stay tuned to https://mmainsight.com for all the results as they happen from the main card of tonight’s Impact FC 2 event in Sydney, Australia.
(Press F5 as required to refresh the page for the latest results)
Pedro Rizzo defeats Ken Shamrock by TKO at 3.33mins of Rd1
– Rizzo lands his patented heavy leg kicks in the early stages coupled with some solid punches. As the round progresses it’s clear the leg strikes in particular are troubling Shamrock and eventually he can take no more, going down on one knee while Rizzo swarms on him with punches. ‘Big’ John McCarthy’s seen enough and calls a halt to the contest.
Paul Daley defeats Daniel Acacio by submission (verbal tapout) at 3.45mins of Rd3
– Daley’s dominance in the stand-up department was established in the first round, landing heavy leg kicks and dropping Acacio with a knee, followed up by some solid ground and pound. Acacio survives though, and as the bout progresses he does get Daley on his back on a few occasions but is unable to make any real headway, while ‘Semtex’ continues to rule the roost when their standing.
An elbow from Daley in top position midway through the third round opens up a nasty looking cut high on Acacio’s head. Moments later the Brazilian verbally submits, giving Daley a solid victory to begin his post-UFC career.
Soa Palelei defeats Brad Morris by submission (kimura) at 4.20mins Of Rd1
– Pressed up against the fence in the opening round Morris is clearly hurt by some heavy knees to the body and head from Palelei. With the momentum in his favor Palelei takes the fight to the floor, mounts Morris and applies a kimura forcing him to tap.
Paulo Filho and Denis Kang fight to a split draw (29-28, 27-30, 29-29)
– This was an extremely even ground battle throughout with both men having periods of dominance on top, mixed in with some nice reversals from Kang in particular.
Neither man set a particularly torrid pace, with cardio appearing to be an issue for both. No real complaints with the decision – Filho had a little more time on top, Kang was a little busier from his back. Looks like a rematch could well be in the offing.
Murilo “Ninja” Rua defeats Jeremy May by submission (guillotine choke) at 4.01mins of Rd1
– May drops Rua with a left early in the round, but ‘Ninja’ recovers and in the closing stages of the opening stanza seizes a guillotine choke, pulls guard and forces a quick tap.
Jesse Taylor defeats Murilo Bustamante by submission (retirement) at 2.10mins of Rd2
– Bustamante verbally submits midway through the second round, telling referee John McCarthy that he feels dizzy.
Jim Yorke defeats Peter Graham by submission (rear-naked choke) at 3.44mins of Rd1
Glover Teixeira defeats Marko Peselj by TKO at 2.55mins of Rd1
Richie “Vas” Vaculik defeats Glenn Taylor-Smith by submission (rear-naked choke) at 4.16mins of Rd2
Manuel Rodriguez defeats Shane Nix by submission (north-south choke) at 4.22mins of Rd1