– Rampage Jackson earned a win, but he couldn’t find a finish last night, and he’s now in something of a decision rut. His last four fights hae went to a decision, and In fact, despite his hard-hitting reputation, six of his nine UFC fights have been called by the judges.
– Wrestler Matt Hamill’s gameplan backfired as he went 0-17 in takedown attempts last night. At the post-fight press conference he admitted he was “embarassed” with his inability to take Rampage down.
If it’s any consolation to Hamill, FightMetric reports that Rampage takedown defense has been successful 84.4% of the time throughout his UFC career.
– Frank Mir has the most victories in UFC heavyweight division history. His 13 wins in the Octagon beat out Randy Couture and Andrei Arlovski who both have ten.
– Last night was only the second time in 18 UFC fights that Mir has went to a decision. The last time was back at UFC 61 in July of 2006 when he picked up a UD over Dan Christison. On average a Frank Mir fight lasts 5.04mins.
– Roy Nelson weighed in at 260lbs for this fight, 3lbs lighter than his previous appearances in the Octagon. That’s not enough of a weight cut for Dana White however who suggested backstage last night that ‘Big Country’ should be looking to cut to at least 240lbs.
– Travis Browne’s superman punch KO of Stefan Struve made it to No.3 on ESPN’s ‘Top 10 Plays of The Day’. The heavy-handed striker now has 9 wins by some form of knockout in 11 career victories.
– Excluding GSP, Rick Story currently has the most consecutive victories in the UFC’s 170lb division, chalking up six in a row. That beats out Jon Fitch who currently has five wins and a draw, and Dong Hyun Kim who has five wins and a no-contest. Story has said he wants to fight Fitch next.
– Wrestler’s are unquestionably Thiago Alves achilles heel with four of his five UFC defeats coming at the hands of dominant wrestlers (GSP, Jon Fitch (x2) and Rick Story).
– War Hero Brian Stann revealed that members of the now world-famous (but still classified) ‘Seal Team 6’ who killed Osama Bin Laden were in attendance at UFC 130 last night to cheer him on.
– Jorge Santiago cultivated an impressive 11-1 record outside of the UFC, but once again he struggled to bring that form to the sports biggest stage and now has a 1-3 record overall in the Octagon.
– All three judges believed that Demetrious ‘Mighty Mouse’ Johnson did enough to earn a victory over Miguel Torres last night, as did UFC President Dana White.
Miguel Torres believes otherwise though, and five of the biggest MMA media outlets, MMAJunkie, Sherdog, MMAfighting, Heavy.com and BloodyElbow agreed with him on their live scorecards last night.