UFC 140: Results (Live)

Stay tuned to https://mmainsight.com this evening for all the results live as they happen from UFC 140 in Toronto, Canada.

(Press F5 as required to refresh the page for the latest results)

Main Card:

Jon Jones defeats Lyoto Machida by submission (guillotine choke) at 4.26mins of Rd2

Fight Report

Frank Mir defeats Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira by TKO (kimura / broken arm) at 3.38mins of Rd1

Fight Report

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira defeats Tito Ortiz by TKO at 3.15mins of Rd1

Fight Report

Brian Ebersole defeats Claude Patrick by split decision (29-28 x2, 28-29)

Fight Report

Chan Sung Jung defeats Mark Hominick by TKO at 0.07mins of Rd1

Fight Report


Igor Pokrajac defeats Krzystof Soszynski by KO at 0.35mins of Rd1

very impressive win for Pokrajac here, managing to knock out the very durable Soszynski in just 35 seconds. It all started with a flurry of left and right’s from Pokrajac, sending K-Sos into reverse gear only to rebound of the fence and be met with another right hand. Clearly dazed ‘The Polish Experiment’ is in survival mode, but Pokrajac doesn’t let him off the hook and more punches straight down the pipe are delivered and Soszynski slumps to the mat against the cage. A series of short right hands to the temple follow and produce the knockout.

Constantinos Philippou defeats Jared Hamman by KO at 3.11mins of Rd1

Philippou put Hamman to the sword here. The trouble started when he landed a one-two combination that landed flush and sent Hamman sprawling backwards practically the full length of the cage. He got back up only to eat another hard right hand. And so it would continue with Hamman being dropped again, before getting shakily upright again only to be sent back down again one final time by another clean connection from Phillippou’s right hand, and though he’s still conscious the referee makes the right decision and puts an end to his misery.

Dennis Hallman defeats John Makdessi by submission (rear-naked choke) at 2.58mins of Rd1

Makdessi is an exciting young stand-up fighter, but what we learned tonight is that his ground game still needs a lot of work. Hallman looked for the takedown from the opening bell and it wasn’t long before he got it and had the Canadian flattened out on his front raining down blows. Makdessi managed to turn, but was still caught in full mount which didn’t work out any better for him. With his face now bloodied he attempted to turn again and that allowed Hallman to work in the rear-naked choke and force a quick tap.

Yves Jabouin defeats Walel Watson by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)

This was a fun battle with both men showing off their full repertoire of kicks over the course of 14 minutes of fighting. It was keenly contested with Watson making good use of his height and reach advantage, but Jabouin wasn’t put off and was generally the more aggressive fighter. A few takedowns also helped him score points along the way which would help earn him the decision. Have said that, twice on the ground ini the later rounds Watson managed to catch him in submissions – a guillotine and a d’arce choke – but wasn’t able to find the finish.

Mark Bocek defeats Nik Lentz by unanimous decision (30-27 x3)

Bocek controlled this fight from the opening bell, taking Lentz down on multiple occasions. He wasn’t able to do a whole lot of damage from top control, largely thanks to Lentz solid guard, but it was enough to secure all three rounds in his favor. Lentz did threaten with guillotine chokes from his back on several occasions, but Bocek stayed calm and escaped each time. His win finally breaks Lentz 15 fight unbeaten run.

Jake Hecht defeats Rich Attonito by TKO at 1.10mins of Rd2

Attonito got the better of a fairly slow paced first round, but the momentum swung sharply in Hecht’s favor early in round two after dropping him with a couple of vicious elbows against the cage. Ground and pound follows and brings about the TKO finish.

John Cholish defeats Mitch Clarke by TKO at 4.36mins of Rd2

Clarke appeared to tire early in this fight and Cholish took advantage, taking a firm hold of the reigns and not letting go. Towards the end of the rsecond round a scramble ensued after Cholish tried to work a kimura, and ended up with him in back mount with Clarke completely flattened out. Unable to defend himself against the repeated blows to the head that followed, the fight was then brought to an end.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here