The pinnacle of a stacked month of MMA action in March will undoubtedly be UFC 128 in Newark, New Jersey on the 19th of the month.
Headlining the event will be the long awaited light-heavyweight title showdown between current champ Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua and Rashad Evans. With Shogun back to 100% after knee surgery and ‘Suga’ champing at the bit to fight again after being forced to wait on the sidelines for much of last year this should be an exciting match-up.
WEC superstar Urijah Faber makes his debut in the UFC in the co-main event, taking on former WEC bantamweight champion Eddie Wineland.
This is an extremely deep fight card as is demonstrated by the fact that heavyweight star Mirko Cro Cop who headline UFC 119 last time out, is just part of the standard main card this time against TUF 10 finalist Brendan Schaub who’s currently on a three fight winning streak.
The quality match-ups continue with Yoshihiro Akiyama fighting for his future in the promotion against Nate Marquardt who’s aiming to make up for a lackluster performance last time out which saw him miss out on a title shot at 185lbs.
The main card is rounded out with one of the lightweight divisions top contenders Jim Miller looking to extend his six fight unbeaten run against the WEC’s Kamal Shalorus.
There’s also some very nice match-ups lined up for the prelims as well, giving fans plenty of value for money here. Check out the full card below.
- Rashad Evans vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (UFC Light Heavyweight Champion)
- Urijah Faber vs. Eddie Wineland
- Bredan Schaub vs. Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic
- Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Nate Marquardt
- Kamal Shalorus vs. Jim Miller
- Dan Miller vs. Nick Catone
- Manny Gamburyan vs. Raphael Assunca
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Ian Loveland
- Kurt Pellegrino vs. Gleison Tibau
- Edson Barboza vs. Anthony Njokuani
- Ricardo Almeida vs. Mike Pyle
- Luiz Cane vs. Karlos Vemola