On Wednesday, August 18th the WEC will celebrate reaching the half-century milestone with a stacked fight card that’s certainly worthy of the occasion.
The night is headlined by a bantamweight title fight between current champion Dominic Cruz, who defeated Brian Bowles to claim the belt earlier in the year, and Joseph Benavidez who impresed in his victory over former champion Miguel Torres last time out.
Between them the two fighters have only two losses in 29 fights, with Benavidez only defeat coming at the hands of Cruz in a ‘Fight Of The Night’ performance back at WEC 42 in August of last year.
Two fighters in the mix in the lightweight division, Shane Roller (8-2) and Anthony Pettis (10-1) also feature on the main card and will be looking to put themselves in line for a shot at Ben Henderson’s belt with a win here.
Before that there’s a very intriguing bout between the always entertaining Cub Swanson and one the WEC’s most highly touted prospects Chad Mendes.
A bout originally scheduled for the prelims, but due to an injury to Urjiha Faber has been moved up to the main card is an exciting clash between Scott Jorgensen, who’s currently on a four fight win streak, and the UK’s Brad Pickett who’s so far strung together two wins since joining the promotion late last year.
See the full fight card for WEC 50 below.
- Dominick Cruz Vs Joseph Benavidez (Bantamweight title fight)
- Shane Roller Vs Anthony Pettis
- Cub Swanson Vs Chad Mendes
- Scott Jorgensen Vs Brad Pickett
- Bart Palaszewski Vs Zack Michelwright
- Javier Vasquez Vs Mackens Semerzier
- Anthony Njokuani Vs Maciej Jewtuszko
- Ricardo Lomas Vs Dave Jansen
- Fredsen Piaxao Vs Bryan Caraway
- Danny Castillo Vs Dustin Poirier