The WEC’s penultimate event before merging with the UFC occurs on November 11th in Las Vegas.
The show features the return of Urijah Faber on main event duties as he undergoes his first test at bantamweight in the shape of Takeya Mizugaki.
This fight was originally set to go down at WEC 50 but a knee injury forced Faber out. A win over a solid opponent likeMuzugaki could set ‘The California Kid’ on the path to a title shot against current champion Dominic Cruz who he already holds a win over at 145lbs.
Another significant bout for the featherweight division sees Chad Mendes put his unbeaten 8-0 record on the line against BJJ specialist Javier Vasquez in what could be an intriguing battle on the mat.
Talented up and comer Eric Koch (10-1) was originally slated to fight Josh Grispi, but the forthcoming UFC-WEC merger has altered plans, and he’ll now have to make do with the unheralded Francisco Rivera instead.
Meanwhile former bantamweight No.1 contender Joseph Benavidez looks to get back on the horse against Wagnney Fabiano, and finally, kicking off the main card will be a bantamweight clash between Demetrious Johnson and Damacio page.
See the full card below.
- Urijah Faber vs. Takeya Mizugaki
- Chad Mendes vs. Javier Vazquez
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Wagnney Fabiano
- Erik Koch vs. Francisco Rivera
- Demetrious Johnson vs. Damacio Page
- Raphael Assuncao vs. L.C. Davis
- Anthony Njokuani vs. Edward Faaloloto
- Zach Micklewright vs. Dustin Poirier
- Clint Godfrey vs. Michael MacDonald
- Cub Swanson vs. Mackens Semerzier
- Yves Jabouin Vs. Brandon Visher