Hmm. Before we begin with the latest news, here’s a quick reminder of the story so far…
- Tito Ortiz is arrested after being accused of domestic violence against his partner Jenna Jameson
- Ortiz posts bail and immediately holds a press-conference alleging that Jameson is on drugs (Oxycotin) which caused their initial argument.
- At almost the same time Jameson is videoed admitting that Ortiz didn’t ‘beat her up.’ After finding out that Ortiz is accusing her of being on drugs however she changes her mind and implies that he’s a ‘wife-beater.’
- A friend of Jameson’s from her time as an adult film star, Joselyn James (who has the dubious claim to fame of being one of Tiger Woods mistresses) claims that she saw Ortiz getting violent with Jameson on several occasions.
- Jameson denies the allegations of drug use and her lawyer later informs the press that she has just passed a urine based drug test in Las Vegas.
Now in a complete 180 degree turn that’s so embarrassingly cringe-worthy you couldn’t script it, TMZ are reporting that the feuding pair are apparently retracting their claims, stating that it’s all just a big misunderstanding!
“What actually happened has now been dramatically distorted and misinterpreted and remarks that both Tito and I made after the police arrived reflect the state of shock that we were both in,” Jameson tells the site.
…ah, well that’s ok then.
Surely Tito isn’t going to pretend like his statements that Jameson has been fighting a battle with drug addiction for some time now aren’t true though?.
Apparently Tito’s story now is that he found two pills in one of her pockets and jumped to conclusions. Jenna says those pills were old.
Of course they were.
“It’s all just a big misunderstanding,” his Attorney says.
Of course it is.
Cue Tito and Jenna hand-in-hand walking slowly into the sunset.
Don’t you just love a happy ending?