Bellator’s 115lb woman’s tournament semi-finals took center-stage at Bellator 31 last night.
Despite being unexpectedly outstruck on the feet by jiu-jitsu specialist Jessica Aguilar for three rounds, Zoila Frausto somehow ended up on the winning end of a split decision to secure her place in the finals.
She will now face Japanese wonder Megumi fujii who notched up the 22nd consecutive victory of her career by defeating Lisa Ward by armbar just 1.39mins into their fight.
The opening fight on the main card saw Chris Lozano put a beating on Yoshiyuji Yoshida for two rounds, and with the Japanese fighter’s face looking grotesquely swollen in-between the 2nd and 3rd round his corner did the right thing and called a halt to the contest.
- Megumi Fujii def. Lisa Ward by submission (armbar) Rd 1 (1:39)
- Zoila Frausto def. Jessica Aguilar by split decision (30-27, 27-30, 30-27)
- Chris Lozano def. Yoshiyuji Yoshida by TKO (corner stoppage) Rd 2 (5:00)
- Mark Holata def. Shawn Jordan by knockout (punch) Rd 1 (1:13)
- John Harris def. Kyle Miers by submission (rear-naked choke) Rd 2 (0:49)
- Tim Ruberg def. Aaron Davis by submission (rear-naked choke) Rd 1 (1:44)
- Dave Herman def. Michal Kita by submission (omoplata) Rd 1 (3:16)
- Mike Chandler def. Scott Stapp by TKO (punches) Rd 1 (1:57)