Last night’s Bellator 32 event saw two new champions crowned as the promotion’s third season approaches it’s conclusion.
Wrestler Cole Konrad continued his unbeaten run in MMA competition by beating Neil Grove in the final of the heavyweight tournament, and he did so with his first finish inside the distance in his five Bellator bouts to date, securing a keylock submission in the dying stages of the first round.
Meanwhile in the bantamweight final it was Zack Makovsky who claimed the title with a dominant five round display over Ed West.
In the final bout on the main card respected UK fighter Jim Wallhead earned his first win as a Bellator fighter, defeating Ryan Thomas by unanimous decision.
See full results from last night’s event below.
- Cole Konrad def. Neil Grove via submission (keylock) – Round 1, 4:45 (for vacant heavyweight title)
- Zack Makovsky def. Ed West via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 49-46) for vacant bantamweight title
- Jim Wallhead def. Ryan Thomas via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Eric Marriott def. Ryan Roberts via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)*
- Jared Downing def. Danny Tims via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 30-27)*
- Rudy Bears def. Chad Reiner via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 1:29*
- Michael Chandler def. Chris Page via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 0:57
- Brian Davidson def. Shane Hutchison via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 0:54