In last night’s Bellator season four lightweight tournament final Michael Chandler tamed Patricky ‘Pitbull’ Freire to claim a relatively comfortable unanimous decision win despite losing a point due to three strikes to his opponents groin in the opening round.
Beyond that Chandler also showed quick hands and solid wrestling enroute to victory, and as a result picked up the $100,000 prize-money and will get a shot at current 155lb champion Eddie Alvarez next.
In the other big fight on the card middleweight champ Hector Lombard again displayed his deadly striking technique as he produced a third round KO finish over Falaniko Vitale with a single big right hand.
See the full results from the main card which was televised on MTV2 below.
- Michael Chandler def. Patricky “Pitbull” Freire via unanimous decision (29-27, 29-27, 29-27)
- Hector Lombard def. Falaniko Vitale via knockout (punch) – Round 3, 0:54
- Giedrius Karavackas def. Sam Oropeza via submission (scarf-hold armlock) – Round 3, 3:59
- Alexander Shlemenko def. Brett Cooper via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-28, 29-28)
- Jamall Johnson def. Randy Smith via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2