Bellator have reason to celebrate today after their 44th event on Saturday night produced the best TV ratings of the season so far on MTV2.
An average of 325,000 viewers tuned in to see the live show, 105,000 more than their previous best back at Bellator 36, and 143,000 up on last week’s audience.
Bellator officials won’t be the only one’s smiling – the show gave MTV2 their second highest audience ever behind a broadcast of the Eminem movie ‘8 Mile’ back in 2006, and it also produced their highest ever rating in the key 18-49 male demographic.
To put the figures in to perspective, they top the highest ratings the Strikeforce ‘Challengers’ series on Showtime has ever produced (their peak coming with 316,000 viewers).
It’s also not far off a couple of Strikeforce’s major events over the past year, such as December’s Henderson vs Babalu 2 event which drew 341,000, or Diaz Vs Noons 2 which pulled in 350,000 viewers.
The problem for Bellator will be maintaining those ratings, with the audience fluctuating wildly at times over the course of the past few months, but as the season draws close to it’s conclusion an upturn like this bodes well for season 5 later in the year.
- Bellator 35 ratings: 200,000 viewers
- Bellator 36 ratings: 230,000
- Bellator 37 ratings: 173,000
- Bellator 38 ratings: 150,000
- Bellator 39 ratings: 174,000
- Bellator 40 ratings: 218,000
- Bellator 41 ratings: 132,000
- Bellator 42 ratings: 199,000
- Bellator 43 ratings: 182,000
- Bellator 44 ratings: 325,000