The bantamweights tournament semi-finals took center-stage last night at Bellator 55 with Alexis Vila and Eduardo Dantas booking their spots in the final.
Both fights were very close, with Vila’s split decision win coming after a relatively uneventful fight with Marcos Galvao that could just as easily have gone the Brazilian’s ways, while Dantas bout with Ed West was far more of a spectacle but also went right down to the wire and resulted in another split decision.
Elsewhere on the main card Bellator light-heavyweight champion Christian M’Pumbu lost to veteran Travis Wiuff after being outwrestled for much of their 15 minute encounter. Luckily for M’Pumbu this fight wasn’t for the title, but it certainly devalues the belt that remains around his waist somewhat.
See all the results from last night’s event below.
- Alexis Vila def. Marcos Galvao via split decision (27-30, 29-28, 29-28)
- Eduardo Dantas def. Ed West via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
- Travis Wiuff def. Christian M’Pumbu (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Ricardo Tirloni def. Steve Gable via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 3:54
- Efrain Escudero def. Cesar Avila via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 1:55
- Richard Hale def. Carlos Flores via knockout (strikes) – Round 1, 0:18
- Jacob Ortiz def. Edgar Garcia via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 4:06
- Erin Beach def. Roscoe Jackson via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 3:52
- Jade Porter def. Nick Piedmont via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Steve Steinbeiss def. Dano Moore via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:52