Bellator Fighting Championships today announced a major new exclusive partnership with the Everlast brand.
The highlights of the deal are:
- Everlast will provide the fight gloves, cages and training equipment for Bellator.
- Everlast will produce a line of co-branded MMA related MMA equipment to sell in the U.S.
- Everlast will become a category exclusive sponsor of Bellator.
- Both Everlast and Bellator will strategically market, promote, publicize and advertise their partnership through a wide variety of channels.
- Marketing support for the partnership will include retail signage, promotions, a dedicated online and print advertising campaign and social media activation.
This is another good step forward for Bellator as they prepare for their Fox Sports Net televised second season on April 8th.
Everlast are a well established brand that has become synonymous with boxing, and if they are now ready to make a strong push into the MMA market then Bellator will certainly benefit.
Bellator have yet to put a foot wrong in the build-up to their debut on national TV in the U.S, and hopefully the positive buzz that now surrounds the promotion will continue once the action gets started inside the cage next month.