Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney was a happy man on Saturday night after watching not only a fun night of fights at Bellator 47, but also a successful event all-round with the show having been a 4,500 sell-out in Rama, Ontario.

See below for keynotes from his post-fight interview with sportnet.ca’s ‘Showdown’ Joe.

– Rebney says that TV ratings wise Canada has proven to be a strong follower of Bellator, but even so he wasn’t expecting a full-house at the event, though he’s obviously thrilled about it and says he’d love to come back “in short-order” if possible.

– The Bellator CEO was also complimentary of the Canadian fans knowledge of the sport and the way they reacted to the technical aspects of the fight.

– Rebney admits he’s a fan of the victorious Chris Horodecki both as a fighter and a person and he does appear to be a likely participant in Bellator’s lightweight tournament in 2012.

– After checking backstage with featherweight tournament semi-final winners Marlon Sandro and Pat Curran it appears they are both in good shape and ready to compete in the final in just a month’s time at Bellator 48.

– Reacting to the news that Nate Marquardt has signed for BAMMA, Rebney doesn’t rule out the possibility that he could yet fight for Bellator one day, but reading between the lines it seems unlikely and he’s sticking to his statement from earlier last week that he “wasn’t the right fit” for the company.

Watch the full interview below.

LEAVE A REPLY