After appearing to gas in the second round of his fight with Chad Griggs, heavyweight fighter Bobby Lashley took considerable punishment before the referee called a halt to the fight, and later Lashley was seen being taken out on a stretcher from the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
Later rumors started to spread that Lashley’s condition may have been more serious than anyone had anticipated, but it appears these were unfounded.
According to Sherdog reporter Loretta Hunt who was at the event, Strikeforce’s Mike Afromowitz confirmed that the figher had, “been released from hospital, is back at hotel and fine.”
It has since been reported that the fighter was, “Severely dehydrated,” which prompted the hospital visit.
- Strikeforce Curse Strikes Again As King Mo And Bobby Lashley Crash To Defeat
- Strikeforce: Houston – Post-Fight Interviews
- Scott Coker Post-Fight Interview After Strikeforce: Houston
- Strikeforce: Houston – Losers Post-Fight Reactions
- Strikeforce Set To Abandon Middleweight Tournament?