As we’ve come to expect from Brock Lesnar during his time in the UFC, the former heavyweight champion has been keeping a low profile lately.
He has now broken cover however for a new interview with Paul Heyman to promote his upcoming appearance in the latest WWE computer game, and more importantly talks about his imminent return to the UFC after having 12 inches of his colon removed due to Diverticulitis, as well as discussing his opponent in the main event of UFC 141 in December, Alistair Overeem.
Here’s the keynotes:
– Lesnar says that he had been lying to both the fans and himself for the past two years that he was in good health when in fact he wasn’t. After having the surgery he claims that he is now back to normal however.
– Now that he’s had the surgery he reveals that he has been able to go back to something closer to his old diet and not “eat like a rabbit” anymore and is now able to train at 100% again. He does add that he has carried forward some of what he learned diet wise while he was ill though.
– Lesnar believes what he was able to accomplish during his battle with Diverticulitis was “remarkable”, but only those close to him will ever know how hard he pushed himself during that time.
Now that he’s healthy he states, “that’s bad for a lot of people.”
– Next up for Lesnar is former Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem and Lesnar says “U will prove on that night that I am, once again – and always was, the baddest dude on the planet.”
– Asked if after being a former NCAA, WWE and UFC champion if there’s still anything else he wants to accomplish he says his desire is to become the UFC champion again.
Watch the full interview below.