This week there was positive news on Brock Lesnar’s health after being diagnosed with Diverticulitis. His trainer Greg Nelson had stated that the fighter was up and walking around after a minor operation, though he admitted he was not well enough to begin training yet.

It appeared to conflict with a twitter message from Dana White recently which stated that Lesnar was still very sick.

Now in a new conversation with reporters, documented by mmajunkie, White has once again delivered a more sobering assessment of how long it may be before we see the current heavyweight champion back in action again.

“It could be forever,” said White, who has been in constant communication with Lesnar. “We won’t know for the next couple of months. Obviously, I’m hoping that’s not the case, as I’m sure all of you are. But we’ll see what happens.”

From what White says it appears the reason for the uncertainty is that they have to wait for a certain period of time to discover whether his minor surgery has been successful or not .

If they do discover a problem at that stage then he would likely need major surgery, and that could potentially lead to either a long period out, or perhaps even an end to his career entirely.

White also offered an explanation for why his version of events differs from that of others who are close to the fighter.

“You know how he is; he doesn’t want anybody to know,” White said. “You guys talked to him, apparently, and he tells you something different. I keep telling him, ‘Brock, I have to be honest about it. I’m not going to lie to everybody about it.’ But there’s only so much that I can tell you.”

The indecision over Lesnar’s future leaves the heavweight division in limbo.  There has been speculation over an interim belt being created while the champion is out of the picture, but White says they won’t make a decision on the matter just yet.

“I’m going to wait and see whether he has to have this major surgery before I make any big decisions. … But it won’t be long. We’ll know about Brock in a month-and-a-half, and then I’ll make that decision.”

LEAVE A REPLY