CBS and Strikeforce were not the only organizations looking closely at the viewing figures for last weekends Fedor Vs Rogers event. Dana White and the UFC were also waiting to judge how successful MMA’s latest foray into the mainstream had been.
Based on the early viewing figures which came out on Sunday, Strikeforce’s Scott Coker told the LA Times that due to the fact they delivered, “those 18-34 male [viewership] numbers in a big way,” he expected CBS to televise future events from the promotion. At this stage however CBS themselves have not committed to doing so.
Meanwhile Dana White has also been responding to the news, and as expected he is keen to cast them in a negative light.
“CBS would be out of their mind to put that rinky-dink [Strikeforce promotion] . . . on the air again . . . and without that backing, [promoters] won’t have the money to pay [Emelianenko].”
Speaking of Fedor in particular, White once again called for the Russian star to test himself against the best the UFC has to offer.
“The guy just got his face smashed in by Brett Rogers. Do you know what Brock or [UFC heavyweights] Frank Mir and Cain Velasquez would do to Brett Rogers?” White said. “It’s time to bring this guy [Fedor] in, to see Brock Lesnar smash his head.”