UFC president Dana White is spending much of Tuesday on ESPN promoting Saturday night’s UFC 118: Penn Vs Edgar event.
See the keynotes from his interview below.
– Dana White feels the Penn Vs Edgar rematch is justified given the outcome of their last fight, and he believes that suggestions that Edgar didn’t win the first fight has motivated the champion to win definitively this time round.
– It seems that an immediate rematch between Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen now looks increasingly likely. “I think that’s the fight that fans want to see,” White said. “The way that I see my job is my job is to give the fans what they want. I think that’s the fight they want to see. We got some interesting fights in that division. Vitor Belfort is still out there. I’m looking towards the Chael Sonnen rematch. Yes.”
– White believes that the fact that Sonnen came so close to being the first man to defeat Silva inside the octagon has motivated the champion. “Chael Sonnen might have lit a fire under him. I think we’ll see a very impressive Anderson Silva in his next fight.”
– Mid Spring – Early Summer is being earmarked for light-heavyweight champion Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua’s return to the octagon after knee surgery, where he will face No.1 contender Rashad Evans.
– As for James Toney, White joked, “This guy’s crazy. This guy’s threatened to knock me out at the press conference and things like this. It’s going to be an interesting week for me!”
Watch the full interview with Dana below.