As you would expect Dana White was all smiles today as he announced the UFC’s new television deal with FOX that’s set to catapult the promotion, and indeed the sport as a whole, to the next level.
Hear what White had to say immediately after the press conference to announce the deal in an interview with MMAWeekly.
– White describes this as “the deal I’ve always wanted” and credits their resolve to turn down previous offers from other companies and hold out until they got exactly the right deal which is what he believes they now have.
– “What’s great about this thing is that now these athletes that you know, and I know and everybody watching knows deserves to be on this platform, up there with NFL, Major League Baseball, and the list goes on and on.”
– White reveals that FOX only stepped in after a report emerged that the UFC were in talks to buy out the G4 network.
– On the UFC’s first big event on FOX on November 12th: “You know how we are man. If we’re going to go out on FOX, we’re going to go out with the right foot forward. We’re going to put on a good fight November 12th.”
Having said that he admits that he doesn’t know who will feature on the card yet.
– On Brock Lesnar’s return to action White says that the former heavyweight champion will be back in training in September and hopefully will fight at the turn of the year.
Watch the full interview below.