Following yesterday’s UFC 136 pre-fight press conference Dana White took time out to speak to the media individually about this weekend’s bouts.
Below we’ve got his conversation with MMAFighting’s Ariel Helwani as he picks White’s brains about the week’s big talking points.
– White believes Frankie Edgar should be fighting at 145lbs, but the fighter himself wants to keep fighting at 155lbs and White is impressed that he can dominate their despite being undersized.
– White was about to take a call from Lorenzo Fertitta in which the fate of the Strikeforce promotion may be decided.
– Brian Stann gets more respect from other fighters than anybody else in the promotion.
– White reveals that Jon Jones flew to Las Vegas this week to talk about improving his contract, but the UFC boss says he’s still got five fights left on his deal and that they aren’t going to speak to him again for “two or three more fights.”
– White shrugs off the news that Spike are planning to counter-program their UFC On Fox show with a highlights package entitled ‘UFC Unleashed: Velasquez Vs Dos Santos’, saying that he expects them to do things like that, and the UFC benefits whatever happens since it’s their programming.
Watch the full interview below.