Dana White’s been keeping a relatively low profile so far this week given that it’s the company’s 150th event tonight, but he finally showed up after yesterday’s weigh-ins for his customary pre-fight interview.
– He doesn’t seem angry with Melvin Guillard not making weight for his fight, pointing out that he took this fight at relatively short notice, just four weeks after his last bout. He will give up 10% of his purse as a punishment though.
He also thinks that Guillard’s general demeanor suggests that he’s not too confident about fighting Donald Cerrone.
– If Cerrone is not focused for this fight then he could be in trouble according to White, despite the fact that ‘Cowboy’ apparently ‘big brothered’ Guillard when they used to train together. He says that training and competing are two different things and anything can happen in the Octagon.
– White believes Frankie Edgar will move down to 145lbs if he loses the fight tonight. However, he likes Edgar’s desire to compete at lightweight and attempt to win his belt back.
– He believe Ben Henderson doesn’t get the credit he deserves and so he’s going to have to earn it the hard way by continuing to string wins together.
– Finally, White confirms that Nate Diaz will fight the winner of tonight’s Henderson Vs Edgar title fight.
Watch the full interview below.