Following an underwhelming night of fights at UFC On FOX 2, UFC president Dana White spoke to Fuel TV’s’ Ariel Helwani about the big talking points resulting from the show.
Check out the keynotes from their conversation below and scroll down to watch the full interview for yourselves.
– Dana wonders whether there was something wrong with Rashad Evans hands as he wasn’t putting together his punching combinations like he usually would. He did however think he did a good job of muscling around and outwrestling the considerably bigger Phil Davis around during the five round fight.
White denies that he’s disappointed with Evans performance though, pointing out that Davis was until tonight undefeated in the UFC. He also felt that the fact Davis managed to go a full five rounds with the former champion showed that he was worthy of being in there with him.
– White hasn’t had a chance to speak with Evans yet to see if he’s fit enough to fight Jon Jones in Atlanta in April.
– According to White he scored the Sonnen Vs Bisping fight 2-1 in Bisping’s favor.
He wasn’t surprised Bisping matched up well with Sonnen in the wrestling, pointing out that he had said that the Brit was being underrated in the build-up to the fight.
Nonetheless, he confirms that Anderson Silva Vs Chael Sonnnen will now take place, more than likely in Brazil in June.
– The UFC president was impressed with Chris Weidman’s performance given that he beat a top fighter like Demian Maia on just 11 days notice.
– Summing up the event White said he was happy, particularly with the prelims on Fuel TV which he felt were “fantastic.” He jokes that people were complaining that ‘UFC On FOX 1’ only had one minute of fighting so now they got three decisions in a row.