Dana White is currently in the UK ahead of Saturday night’s ‘UFC On Fuel TV 5’ event and today he sat down to talk with the media about the major talking points leading up to the show.
– Dana doesn’t think Jon Jones arm is too badly injured and so is anticipating he won’t be out of action for a long period.
– Lyoto Machida Vs Dan Henderson is something that is likely to take place, though nothing’s set in stone yet.
– Dana is puzzled by comments attributed to Lyoto Machida saying he would be interested in fighting GSP. He thinks Anderson Silva Vs GSP makes much more sense than that.
He also reads further into that, hinting that perhaps the top contenders at 205lbs are now reluctant to stay and potentially have to come up against Jones again.
– White says he really likes the idea of Silva Vs Michael Bisping. If the fight did ever happen he doesn’t rule out the possibility of it taking place in the UK.
Having said that, he actually thinks Brian Stann should have been awarded the decision victory over Bisping on Saturday night, believing that he won the 1st and 3rd rounds. He admits it could have gone either way though.
– Dan Hardy’s been vocal about his desire to fight Matt Hughes, but it’s not a fight White seems particularly interested in, admitting he’d prefer the former champion to retire.
– If Brock Lesnar wanted to return to the UFC then White would be happy to have him, but he indicates he’s heard nothing to suggest that’s a possibility.