This week’s E3 video games conference was chosen as the platform for new details about the EA Sports: MMA title to be released.
Most importantly the release date for the game was finally revealed to be October 19th. EA Sports also revealed that both Randy Couture and Fedor Emelianenko will be the cover stars for the game.
Of course Couture is currently a UFC fighter, but during to the period of time a couple of years ago when he was embroiled in a contract dispute with the promotion he signed on to be a part of the EA Sports product.
Here’s a list of other features given in a press release sent out today for the game:
* The Definitive MMA Experience– Featuring multiple disciplines, rule sets, locations, and fighters from, the worldwide sport of MMA, all represented authentically. Throw down in a ring, hexagonal or circular cage. Environments come to life with ring girls, corner men and the best referee in the business– Big John McCarthy. Ring announcer Jimmy Lennon Jr. provides fighter introductions, while MMA legend Frank Shamrock and Mauro Ranallo call the action.[/*]
* Live Broadcast YOUR Fight– Now you can have your online fight broadcast and viewed by gamers all around the world via the console or web! EA SPORTS Live Broadcast is one of the new and highly innovative online features for EA SPORTS MMA. Create your fighter, produce your hype video and get noticed by an EA SPORTS promoter. Once selected you will have the opportunity to fight for real world prizes and online fame! In addition, your fight will also feature live commentary calling your every move![/*]
* Total Strike Control– Go on the offensive with Total Strike Control; an intuitive control system for striking, elbows, knees and kicks. Total Strike Control is accessible via analog sticks or face buttons, providing the utmost flexibility.[/*]
* Advance Defense System– The best offense is a good defense, so get ready to master parrying, slipping, countering and dodging to gain an advantage over your opponent.[/*]
* Feel the Fight– Controller rumble acts as an alert to simulate body movement when an opponent attempts to advance position. Take notice and use the small window of opportunity to counter or defend.[/*]
* Submission Battles– Using an intuitive system, opponents must strategically manage their advances or counters to secure the desired outcome; button mashing is the road to failure. Properly manage your stamina because in MMA you must be as smart as you are strong.[/*]
* Travel the Globe– Visit the most established gyms across Japan, Brazil, Thailand, and the United States to learn new skills and techniques in career mode. Bring a created fighter up through the ranks to attempt to make one of biggest stages in mixed martial arts– STRIKEFORCE. No career mode will ever be the same, ensuring a unique experience each and every time.[/*]
* And In This Corner– EA SPORTS MMA will feature a vast array of fighters in its roster, including the #1 heavyweight in the world Fedor Emelianenko. MMA legends Randy Couture and Dan Henderson, as well as international stars Shinya Aoki and Ronaldo“Jacare” Souza showcase global variety. Every fighter will use their distinct style and fight like their real-life counterparts.[/*]
* Create a Fighter– Use Photo Game Face to create your own, personalized roster of fighters.[/*]