‘Fight Now TV’, a new 24 hour-a-day combat sports channel launches tomorrow in New York.
The channel will broadcast a variety of combat related sports with Mixed Martial Arts being a major part of it, while everything from amateur wrestling to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competitions like the prestigious ADCC tournament will also be covered.
Don’t get too excited just yet though as the station will launch only via Cablevision in the New York, tri-state area, a somewhat ironic move given New York’s stubborn refusal to sanction the sport.
The plan is to grow quickly though, and with ‘The Fight Network’ founder Mike Garrow pulling the strings, and UFC hall-of-famer Randy Couture on-board as a minority owner, they certainly appear to have the right people on-board to steer the ship.
“Like anything, we want to get it in as many homes as possible,” Garrow tells MMAfighting. “We’re realistic in our approach. We’ve got our internal projections. I can’t get into specific numbers but I’m pretty confident large pockets of the U.S. will be experiencing Fight Now TV by at least the middle of the summer.”
Couture believes Garrow will deliver, noting, “He has the passion to connect the dots and make this happen.”
So for those lucky enough to have access to the channel, here’s an indication of some of the MMA related programming you may soon be enjoying on the channel.
– Regional US events such as a Ring Of Fire and Extreme Challenge.
– Overseas shows such as BAMMA and Cage Warriors.
– Pre-UFC fights featuring big name stars like GSP and Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson.
– News, features and interviews covering the major events from the likes of UFC, Strikeforce and Bellator.
– Week day live broadcasts direct from MMAJunkie’s radio show.
– Weekend MMA show, ‘Fight Central’ hosted by JT McCarthy. Analysis from Randy Couture.
The channel begins broadcasting tomorrow at 11am New York time.