Jon Fitch was left disappointed and confused last night after drawing with BJ Penn at UFC 127. Check out the major talking points from his post-fight interview with Ariel Helwani below.
– Fitch admits he was confused by the decision, confessing that he didn’t even know there was such a thing as a majority draw.
– He says he was disappointed by his own performance, and said he could have opened up more earlier in the fight like he did in the final round.
– Fitch admits he was caught off-guard by Penn’s grappling strategy in the fight, and it took him a round and a half to adjust his gameplan to deal with it.
– Stating that he felt he had enough energy to go a full five rounds, Fitch appears open to the idea that main events should go 25 minutes even if it is not for the belt.
– Fitch believes the third round was one-sided and therefore should have been scored a 10-8, but he’s more concerned with the scoring of the second round and believes he did enough to win that one as well.
– Getting a fight with the winner of GSP Vs Shields is still something that Fitch desires, but if GSP wins that fight and moves up to 185lbs then he’d also love to fight BJ Penn for the vacant belt.
Check out the full interview below courtesy of MMAfighting.