It would appear that Karo Parisyan’s UFC career is over after Dana White revealed on Twitter that he had pulled out of his fight with Dustin Hazelett at this weekend’s UFC 106 event.
“Karo Parisyan has f*c*ed over the UFC, the fans and his opponent again!!! He will not be fighting saturday or ever again in the UFC!!”
He followed up with another message just minutes later.
“Pulled out of the fight the day before weigh ins again with a laundry list of excuses!!! Let the press ask karo why! Let him explain.”
White also confirmed that his opponent Dustin Hazelett will not lose out due to his opponent backing out.
“Dustin will be paid his full purse to show and win. Its not his fault.”
As Dana White implied, this is not the first time that Karo Parisyan has been at the center of controversy in the UFC. At UFC 88 he was scheduled to face Yoshiyuki Yoshida but he dropped out the day before the weigh-ins citing a back injury.
Parisyan had stated in the lead up to the fight that he had been diagnosed with having panic attacks after a fight with Ryo Chonan at UFC 78 and was still dealing with the problem.
On his return at UFC 94 in January of this year he fought Kim Dong-Hyun and though he won the bout by split decision he tested positive for banned painkillers and was eventually suspended for nine months.
Now it seems the troubled fighter has once again let the promotion down, and will have to face the consequences. Dana White doesn’t suffer fools gladly and it is likely that he will stick to his word and refuse to let the Armenian return to the UFC for the remainder of his career.
It is a sad end for a fighter who had the potential to be one of the welterweights top fighters. A black belt in judo, Parisyan has a record of 18-5-0(1) in his career and fought eleven times in the UFC, notching up 8 wins and 3 defeats. His notable wins in the organization include Nick Diaz, Chris Lytle and Matt Serra.
Karo Parisyan has given his side of the story to MMA Weekly after Dana White revealed he has been cut from the promotion. He cites a problem with acquiring a license to fight in Nevada after his recent ban as the reason he has been forced to pull out.
There’s a lot of problems going on. They won’t re-license me unless I (expletive) pay them. I had to pay the $32,000 fine in order to fight. I never paid because I never had the money. I don’t know if I’ll be able to come back.”
Everything is over bro. I’m just going to go home. Everything is fucked up. I’ve got to think about what I’m going to do for my career,” added 27-year old Parisyan. “I’ve got to think about what I want to do as far as fighting goes.”
MMA Weekly has a further update from the Nevada State Athletic Commission’s Keith Kizer who states that Karo Parisyan’s statement regarding obtaining a license is incorrect.
“He was going to pay the fine out of this purse,” Kizer revealed.
According to MMA Weekly the arrangement was that $16,000 from his $40,000 salary would go to the commission, and a further $16,000 should he emerge victorious since his win bonus would also be $40,000
Website Five Ounces Of Pain is citing Parisyan’s friend and training partner Neil Melanson as having informed them that the real reason for his withdrawal is due to his addiction to painkillers.
This would appear to tie up with what Keith Kizer told MMA Weekly earlier in the day, “He said, ‘is there any way I could take something stronger than Tylenol? I said not without our doctor saying okay.”