Dana White appeared on the FOX Sports Live show yesterday to discuss some of the big talking points leading in to tomorrow night’s ‘UFC Fight Night 33’ event and you can see what he had to say below.
– Dana dodges the question a little when asked if either of the two UFC Fight Night 33 main event stars, Mark Hunt and Antonio Silva will be in heavyweight title contention if they win (I’ll answer for him – No!), but he does guarantee that the bout will be “a war”, and he thinks there’s no way it’s going the distance.
– He’s pleased with the response of the fans to this event in Australia, noting that it’s sold out and has pulled in the region of $2 million at the gate which is good going for a ‘Fight Night’ card.
– In the co-main event, White thinks a win over ‘Shogun’ would catapult James Te Huna into the 205lb top 10.
As for ‘Shogun’, a loss would put him in danger of having to retire, though White would be interested in the idea of him potentially moving down to 185lbs.
– White is convinced that Anderson Silva will be 100% focused and motivated when he faces Chris Weidman in his rematch at UFC 168.
– Regarding the continual talk of a Silva Vs Roy Jones Jr fight, White says those two drive him crazy, but he gets on well with both of them so he’s not ruling it out. He notes that Jones Jr will be cageside at UFC 168.
– White admits that Ronda Rousey isn’t exactly at her sparkling best when she’s around Miesha Tate, as was clearly apparent during her interviews at the TUF 18 Finale.