Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson has been talking about his title fight this weekend with current champion Jon Jones in an interview with MMAWeekly.
Check out keynotes from the interview below and scroll down to watch the full video for yourself.
– Rampage believes that Jones will try to take this fight to the mat so he’s been working hard on his wrestling skills in preparation for the bout and his jiu-jitsu in case he needs to get up off his back at any stage.
– In total Rampage’s camp lasted 13 weeks.
– Generally the former 205lbs champ says he doesn’t like his kids to watch his fights live in case something bad happens, but he admits that sometimes they do find a way to watch them anyway.
– Going off on a tangent, Rampage appears to confirm there won’t be an A-Team sequel (he starred as B.A in the Hollywood version), and points to the fact that they released the movie on the same day as the blockbuster ‘Karate Kid’ remake as the biggest reason for it underperforming at the box office.
– Rampage dismisses the idea that he has a major beef with Jones, saying that he just wants his belt back and the current champion is just a cocky kid.
– He says he’s trained so far for this fight that he guarantees that Jones won’t be able to keep up with him.
– He also reveals that his ambition for this fight is for the fans to say, “Wow! He made Jon Jones look like a little kid.”