Former light-heavyweight champion Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson could soon get another chance to fight for the belt according to UFC president Dana White.

“There are so many guys at 205 (pounds),” White told the troops during a Q&A at Fort Hood prior to Saturday’s event. “Rampage is probably next in line. Rampage is still in the mix.”

This is the first time we’ve had a clear indication of who will be next in line to face the winner of Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua Vs Rashad Evans which takes place at UFC 128 in March.

There is one obstacle standing in Rampage’s path first however, he still has a fight with Thiago Silva at UFC 130 at the end of May scheduled.

While it could be said that there’s a case for other light-heavyweights to also be considered – the winners of Jon Jones Vs Ryan Bader and Forrest Griffin Vs Rich Franklin at UFC 126 early next month for instance, there is good reason to move Rampage to the head of the queue.

Along with being one of the sports biggest stars, Jackson also has a history with both of the men currently fighting for the belt. He suffered a first round TKO loss to Shogun at PRIDE Total Elimination 2005, and more recently lost on the scorecards to Evans last year after the two became bitter rivals while coaching on TUF season 10.

Rampage has made it clear he wants to avenge both those losses, and given the rich history behind them, either match-up would be a guaranteed blockbuster for the UFC.

LEAVE A REPLY