There was an exciting end to the Bobby Voelker – Roger Bowling trilogy last night at Strikeforce Challengers 17 card.
Bowling took control in the early stages of the fight only to find himself caught with a knee in the second that turned the fight on it’s head and saw Voelker swarming in with punches to finish the fight by TKO.
Elsewhere former 135lb woman’s champion Sarah Kaufman began her road back to the title with a solid unanimous decision win over Liz Carmouche.
It wasn’t the most action-packed fight ever, but Kaufman controlled the action and used her boxing skills to leave Carmouche’s face bloodied up by the final bell.
In another notable main card encounter Ovince St.Preux took his winning streak to eight fights with an early victory over Joe Cason, catching him with a knee to the body which crumpled him to the canvas before forcing his opponent to tap due to to strikes as he poured on the pressure.
See the full results from the event below.
- Bobby Voelker def. Roger Bowling via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 2:16
- Devin Cole def. Shawn Jordan via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27)
- Ovince St. Preux def. Joe Cason via submission (strikes) – Round 1, 1:12
- Sarah Kaufman def. Liz Carmouche via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Adlan Amagov def. Ron Stallings via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- T.J. Cook def. Lionel Lanham via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 4:59
- Anthony Smith def. Ben Lagman via knockout (punch) – Round 2, 0:33
- Bill Cooper def. Maka Watson via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 2:39
- Sterling Ford def. Brian McLaughlin via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)