Veteran fighter Matt Lindland got back to winning ways last night with a TKO victory over Kevin Casey in the main event of Strikeforce Challengers 8.
Lindland had been on a two fight losing streak against Vitor Belfort and ‘Jacare’ Souza which had raised questions about the 40 year-old’s future in the sport, but against Casey, who has gained a certain notoriety for his association with reality TV star Spencer Pratt, he showed he’s still got enough in the locker to take care of a younger, less experienced fighter.
Elsewhere one Strikeforce’s rising prospects Tyron Woodley picked up his seventh straight win by split decision, though he was lucky to have done so with many believing that his opponent Nathan Coy had done enough to win.
Another potential Strikeforce star of the future Roger Bowling also emerged victorious after his fight with Bobby Voelker went to the judges scorecards early due to him receiving an eye-poke which prevented him from continuing. He was then awarded a technical unanimous decision win that moves him to 8-0.
See all the results from last night’s event below.
- Matt Lindland defeats Kevin Casey via TKO (punches) – Rd3, 3:41
- Tyron Woodley defeats Nathan Coy via split decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28)
- Roger Bowling defeats Bobby Voelker via technical unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Tarec Saffiedine defeats Nate Moore via knockout (punch) – Rd2, 1:21
- Pat Healy defeats Bryan Travers via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Pro Escobedo defeats Jason Sharp by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Blaine Macintosh defeats Ben Morgan by split decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29)
- David Lloyd defeats Jay Schafer by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Patrick Whittington defeats Jason Lambert by triangle choke in Rd1, 1:39
- Hamza Salim defeats Lee Flores by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)