The official salaries resulting from Saturday night’s Strikeforce: Diaz Vs Noons 2 event were revealed today.
The highest earners at the event were welterweight champion Nick Diaz and Josh Thomson who both claimed victories and $50,000 cheques.
Next up was new lightweight signing who picked up a healthy $40,000 despite losing, considerably higher than the rest of the main card competitors, with former 135lb woman’s champion Sarah Kaufman following next with $20,000. KJ Noons was further down the pay-scale, taking home just $10,000.
Remarkably the new 135lb champion Marloes Coenen was by far the least paid fighter on the televised portion of the card, picking up just $3,000. Hopefully now that she has the belt Strikeforce will reward her with an improved contract.
- Nick Diaz, $50,000 def. KJ Noons, $10,000
- Josh Thomson, $50,000 def. Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante, $40,000
- Marloes Coenen, $2,000 + $1,000 win bonus = $3,000 def. Sarah Kaufman, $20,000
- Tyrone Woodley, $7,500 + $7,500 win bonus = $15,000 def. Andre Galvao, $10,000
- James Terry, $1,500 + $1,500 win bonus = $3,000 def. David Marshall, $1,500
- Josh McDonald, $1,500 + $1,500 win bonus = $3,000 def. Ron Keslar, $1,500
- Jess Bouscal, $1,500 + $1,500 win bonus = $3,000 def. Luis Mendoza, $1,500