The fighter salaries (which doesn’t include sponsorship money and additional bonuses) for Strikeforce: Evolution have been announced today.
It shows that former middleweight champion Cung Le, who tasted defeat for the first time in Strikeforce, was the top earner, pocketing $150,000.
Jacare earned $65,000 for his debut for the promotion, with Scott Smith and Gilbert Melendez following closely behind with $55,000.
At the other end of the scale Daisuke Nakamura earned a paltry $200 for his undercard defeat, though it is likely he was paid an additional fee that is not recorded in this report.
See the full payout list below:
- Scott Smith: $55,000 (no win bonus)
- Cung Le: $150,000
- Gilbert Melendez: $55,000 (no win bonus)
- Josh Thomson: $30,000
- Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza: $65,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
- Matt Linland: $50,000
- Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal: $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus)
- Mike Whitehead: $30,000
- Antwain Britt: $10,000 ($5,000 win bonus)
- Scott Lighty: $5,000
- Justin Wilcox: $5,000 (no win bonus)
- Daisuke Nakamura: $200
- Alex Crispim: $4,000 ($2,000 win bonus)
- A.J. Fonseca: $2,000