Last weekend’s Strikeforce: Houston event drew an average of 367,000 viewers on Showtime according to MMAjunkie.com
The show peaked with a solid 470,000 for the main event which saw Rafael ‘Feijao’ Cavalcante pull off an upset win against Muhammed ‘King Mo’ Lawal to become the new Strikeforce light-heavyweight champion.
The average figure puts the event third on the list of the promotions main card events on Showtime this year, and not far of the Fedor Vs Werdum event which aired in June.
- 517,000 viewers: Strikeforce: Miami (January)
- 412,000 viewers: Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Werdum (June)
- 367,000 viewers: Strikeforce: Houston (August)
- 308,000 viewers, Strikeforce St. Louis: Heavy Artillery (May)
- 164,000 viewers, Strikeforce: Los Angeles (May, note: Wednesday night)