The fighter salaries for Saturday night’s Strikeforce: Tate Vs Rousey event have now been released and show that former middleweight champion Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza was the evening’s biggest earner, pocketing $92,000 for his third round submission victory.
Next up was co-main eventer Josh Thomson who took home $80,000 while veteran campaigner Scott Smith claimed $60,000 for what could be his last Strikeforce appearance after suffering his fourth loss in a row.
Despite headlining the show and being the biggest talking point afterwards, new woman’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey wasn’t amongst the top earners, though she did claim a reasonable $32,000 payday while her opponent banked just $19,000.
Check out the full salary list below.
- Ronda Rousey: $32,000 (includes $17,000 win bonus)
- Miesha Tate: $19,000
- Josh Thomson: $80,000 (no win bonus)
- K.J. Noons: $38,000
- Kazuo Misaki: $50,000 (no win bonus)
- Paul Daley: $45,000
- Lumumba Sayers: $10,000 (includes $5,000 win bonus)
- Scott Smith: $65,000
- Ronaldo Souza: $92,000 (includes $22,000) win bonus)
- Bristol Marunde: $10,000
- Sarah Kaufman: $25,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
- Alexis Davis: $4,000
- Roger Bowling: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
- Brandon Saling: $5,000
- Pat Healy: $22,500 (includes $5,000 win bonus)
- Carlos Fodor: $12,000
- Ryan Couture: $10,000 (no win bonus)
- Conor Heun: $8,000