The medical suspension list resulting from Strikeforce: Tate Vs Rousey is now available and as suspected Miesha Tate is amongst those who are now facing a lengthy absence due to the injury she sustained during her loss to Ronda Rousey.
Tate is now under an ‘indefinite suspension’ due to the elbow damage she incurred during the fight-ending armbar submission. An x-ray confirmed she hasn’t broken her arm, but an MRI will ascertain the extent of any dislocation and ligament damage.
Meanwhile, despite winning his fight Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza later confirmed that he had broken his hand and so was also handed an indefinite suspension along with Roger Bowling and Conor Heun.
Amongst those facing a smaller suspension is Brandon Saling who goes by the nickname “White Steel” is out for 30 days for precautionary reasons. However, regardless of that injury suspension don’t expect him to be back in the Strikeforce cage again as it emerged later that he has neo-nazi tattoos and prior convictions for rape and domestic violence.
See the full list of medical suspensions below.
- Miesha Tate: Indefinite suspension – elbow injury
- Ronaldo Souza: Indefinite suspension – hand injury
- Roger Bowling: Indefinite suspension – hand injury
- Conor Heun: Indefinite suspension – hand injury
- Kazuo Misaki: 45 days – facial laceration
- Pat Healy: 30 days – head laceration
- Alexis Davis: 30 days – facial laceration
- Brandon Saling: 30 days – precautionary reasons