Things didn’t quite go according to plan at today’s weigh ins for UFC 107 with six fighters weighing in just over the limit, including main event fighter Diego Sanchez.
Some eventually had to strip naked to make weight, but the feeling is that perhaps the scales were inaccurate, rather than the fighters being at fault on this occassion.
Meanwhile Alan Belcher and Wilson Gouveia’s fight has been changed to a catchweight of 195lbs after Gouveia’s camp revealed he could not make the cut to 185lb.
Other points of note include Kenny Florian’s rather subdued weigh in, often a sign of a difficult weight cut, and Cheick Kongo turning his back on Frank Mir during the traditional face-to-face photo op. In retaliation Mir made a rear naked choke gesture.
- B.J. Penn (155) vs. Diego Sanchez (154.5)
- Cheick Kongo (239) vs. Frank Mir (264.5)
- Kenny Florian (156) vs. Clay Guida (156)
- Paul Buentello (255) vs. Stefan Struve (247)
- Jon Fitch (171) vs. Mike Pierce (171)
- Alan Belcher (195) vs. Wilson Gouveia (193)
- Shane Nelson (156) vs. Matt Wiman (156)
- Ricardo Funch (171) vs. Johny Hendricks (171)
- Lucio Linhares (185) vs. Rousimar Palhares (186)
- Edgar Garcia (171) vs. DaMarques Johnson (171)
- Kevin Burns (171) vs. T.J. Grant (171)