The fighters for tomorrow night’s UFC 113 event in Montreal, Canada have now successfully weighed in.
Both Lyoto Machida and Mauricio Rua looked in determined mood as they weighed in for their rematch which will serve as the main event of the card.
It’s normally the case at the weigh-ins that there are certain ‘villains’ who get booed soundly by the crowd. Rarely does it happen to two fighters in the same bout though, but that proved to be the case in the co-main event between Josh Koscheck and Paul Daley, with neither fighter enjoying much love from the crowd.
Elsewhere Matt Mitrione was also not a crowd favorite, while Machida received a mixed response at best with some notable boos. By contrast both their opponents, Shogun and Kimbo Slice were cheered, along with the numerous Canadian fighters, with a special welcome being given to Patrick Cote.
One of the most notable talking point of the weigh-ins though was perhaps the apparent animosity between former Ultimate Fighter season 10 competitors Kimbo Slice and Matt Mitrione who indulged in an intense staredown and then continued to eyeball each other from a distance.
Stealing the limelight though was Tom Lawlor who this time came in looking like legendary former UFC champ Dan Severn, complete with a moustache and mimicking his mannerisms perfectly.
See the full set of weigh-in results for UFC 113 below, and scroll to the bottom of the article for video highlights courtesy of mmafighting.com.
- Lyoto Machida (204) vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (205)
- Josh Koscheck (170) vs. Paul Daley (170)
- Kimbo Slice (225) vs. Matt Mitrione (253)
- Patrick Cote (184) vs. Alan Belcher (186)
- Sam Stout (155) vs. Jeremy Stephens (155)
- Joe Doerksen (186) vs. Tom Lawlor (185)
- Marcus Davis (169) vs. Jonathan Goulet (169)
- TJ Grant (169) vs. Johny Hendricks (170)
- Joey Beltran (239) vs. Tim Hague (266)
- Yoshiyuki Yoshida (170) vs. Mike Guymon (170)
- Jason MacDonald (185) vs. John Salter (185)