All the fighters on tomorrow night’s UFC 114 fight card have now successfully weighed in.
Of course the major buzz today was for the headline fighters and in the battle for the public’s affections Rampage Jackson was the clear winner as he was cheered by the crowd, while Rashad Evans was mainly booed.
After the seriousness of his demeanor in the past few days Rampage showed a glimpse of his fun loving side by stripping down to a pair of Superman briefs before stepping on the scales and weighing it at 205lbs on the dot.
Then came the staredown, which didn’t get physical despite the tension in the air, followed by a brief interview in which Rashad appeared a little taken aback by the crowds negative reaction to him, while Rampage seemed to enjoy the spotlight and shouted his now familiar quote from the Primetime show – “he’s dead!”
Elsewhere on the main card Michael Bisping was unsurprisingly not a crowd favorite, though he seems to be taking it in his stride these days. By contrast his opponent Dan Miller got a warm welcome.
Both Amir Sadollah and Aaron Riley needed to strip down to their birthday suits before successfully making their respective weight limits.
- 206: Rashad Evans vs. Quinton “Rampage” Jackson
- 186: Michael Bisping (186) vs. Dan Miller (185)
- 206: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (205) vs. Jason Brilz (205)
- 171: Diego Sanchez (171) vs. John Hathaway (171)
- 266: Todd Duffee (253) vs. Mike Russow (253)
- 171: Amir Sadollah (171) vs. Dong Hyun Kim (171)
- 156: Efrain Escudero (156) vs. Dan Lauzon (155)
- 156: Melvin Guillard (155) vs. Waylon Lowe (155)
- 206: Luiz Cane (205) vs. Cyrille Diabate (205)
- 156: Joe Brammer (156) vs. Aaron Riley (156)
- 186: Jesse Forbes (186) vs. Ryan Jensen (185)