The official salaries for UFC 118 have now been revealed and show that boxer James Toney earned $500,000 for his MMA debut in which he was defeated by Randy Couture after just 3.19mins.
That made Toney the highest paid fighter on the show, and equaling Chuck Liddell as the highest paid star in the UFC.
For his win Couture took home £250,000, while BJ Penn pocketed $150,000. Lightweight champion Frankie Edgar’s salary fell just under the six figure mark at $96,000.
See the full list of official salaries from the event (which does not include extras such as sponsorship, locker room bonuses, etc) below.
- Frankie Edgar: $96,000 (Includes $48,000 win bonus)
- B.J. Penn: $150,000
- Randy Couture: $250,000
- James Toney: $500,000
- Demian Maia: $68,000
- Mario Miranda: $8,000
- Gray Maynard: $46,000 (Includes $23,000 win bonus)
- Kenny Florian: $65,000
- Nate Diaz: $120,000 (Includes $30,000 win bonus, $60,000 “Fight of the Night” bonus)
- Marcus Davis: $91,000 (Includes $60,000 “Fight of the Night bonus)
- Joe Lauzon: $84,000 (Includes $12,000 win bonus, $60,000 “Submission of the Night” bonus)
- Gabe Ruediger: $8,000
- Nik Lentz: $22,000 (Includes $11,000 win bonus)
- Andre Winner — $10,000
- Dan Miller: $30,000 (Includes $15,000 win bonus)
- John Salter: $8,000
- Greg Soto — $12,000 (Includes $6,000 win bonus)
- Nick Osipczak — $10,000
- Mike Pierce: $24,000 (Includes $12,000 win bonus)
- Amilcar Alves: $6,000