Following UFC 119 In Indianapolis the fighter medical suspensions were released.
They show that two fighters, Mirko Cro Cop and Matt Serra have both been handed 180 day suspensions following their fights on Saturday night.
Cro Cop had the dubious honor of being the only fighter to be knocked out on the card which explains his suspension, while Serra took repeated blows to the head in a grueling stand-up war with Chris Lytle.
Meanwhile Mark Hunt damaged his elbow after being caught in a Kimura in his fight and he’ll be suspended indefinitely until an x-ray discovers the extent of the problem.
With the exception of Evan Dunham who has a 45 day suspension, nearly everyone else on the list has to serve just a 30 day medical suspension following the event.
See the full list of suspensions below.
- Mark Hunt; indefinite suspension; needs clear x-ray on left elbow; 30 days no contact
- Sean McCorkle; 30 day suspension; 21 days no contact
- Steve Lopez; 30 day suspension; laceration on foreheard; 30 days no contact
- Matt Mitrione; 30 day suspension, 12 days no contact
- Joey Beltran; 30 day suspension; laceration; 30 days no contact
- Sean Sherk; 30 day suspension; 21 days no contact
- Evan Dunham; 45 day suspension; 45 days no contact
- Matt Serra; 180 day suspension
- (Matt Serra; indefinite suspension; must clear CT-head)
- Antonio Nogueira; 30 day suspension; 30 days no contact
- Mirko Cro Cop; 180 day suspension
- (Mirko Cro Cop; indefinite suspension; must clear CT-head)