The weigh-ins have now taken place for tomorrow night’s UFC 121 event in Anaheim, California.
For a change the UFC took the weigh-ins outdoors in front of a big crowd. Notable moments included Tom Lawlor turning up mimicking UFC 1’s Art Jimmerson.
Sucking up to the big boss, Tito Ortiz came in wearing a T-Shirt that said, “Dana is my hero.” Significantly though, when he took of the t-shirt he looked in very good shape despite coming back from a long-term injury.
In the main event Velasquez came in slightly heavier than expected at 244lbs, though looked in good shape as always. Meanwhile Lesnar was looking lean and mean at 264lbs. The official listings have the two fighters as being just an inch apart in height, but when they stood toe-to-toe Lesnar appeared noticeably taller.
- Champ Brock Lesnar (264) vs. Cain Velasquez (244)
- Martin Kampmann (170) vs. Jake Shields (170.5)
- Diego Sanchez (170.5) vs. Paulo Thiago (170.5)
- Matt Hamill (203.5) vs. Tito Ortiz (206)
- Gabriel Gonzaga (254) vs. Brendan Schaub (239)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
- Ryan Jensen (185) vs. Court McGee (184.5)
- Patrick Cote (185) vs. Tom Lawlor (185)
PRELIMINARY CARD (un-aired)
- Sam Stout (155.5) vs. Paul Taylor (155)
- Mike Guymon (170) vs. Daniel Roberts (170)
- Chris Camozzi (185) vs. Dongi Yang (186)
- Jon Madsen (254.5)vs. Gilbert Yvel (249)