The weigh-ins for UFC 126 have now successfully concluded, with only prelim fighter Mike Pierce requiring an extra hour to sweat off one additional pound in weight ahead of tomorrow night’s event.
The main talking point of the weigh-ins was always going to be the face-off between Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort, and it didn’t disappoint. As he did in the staredown just a couple of days previously at the pre-fight press conference Silva got right into Belfort’s face, but this time he was wearing a mask.
After literally going head-to-head Silva then took off the mask and the two went back to eyeballing each other. Things started to get heated with both men shouting at each other as others on stage moved in to separate them.
Belfort had received a warmer welcome than Silva from fans when he first weighed in, and after this intense moment the crowd seemed to favor him even more, as they began booing the champion.
If the two men can replicate that level of passion in the Octagon tomorrow night then we’re in for a hell of a fight.
- Champ Anderson Silva (185) vs. Vitor Belfort (185)
- Forrest Griffin (205) vs. Rich Franklin (203)
- Ryan Bader (205) vs. Jon Jones (206)
- Jake Ellenberger (171) vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha (170)
- Antonio Banuelos (136) vs. Miguel Torres (136)
- Paul Kelly (155) vs. Donald Cerrone (155)
- Chad Mendes (146) vs. Michihiro Omigawa (146)
- Demetrious Johnson (136) vs. Norifumi “Kid” Yamamoto (134)
- Gabe Ruediger (155) vs. Paul Taylor (156)
- Kyle Kingsbury (205) vs. Ricardo Romero (205)
- Mike Pierce (172*) vs. Kenny Robertson (170)
*Has one hour to lose the additional weight.