– Both Randy Couture (check-up) and GSP (eye issue) are in hospital and so won’t be attending the press conference.
– Dana says he was impressed with Mark Hominick who he describes as being, “a tiny guy with a huge heart.”
– Jake Shields he’s not happy with his performance. On reflection he feels he should have worked for more takedowns, but says that GSP did well with movement and his takedown defense. He now intends to work harder on his boxing more and hopes that he can work his way back up to another title shot in the future before he retires.
– White reveals that Randy Couture’s tooth fell out backstage while he was showing the UFC president the damage. He adds that the hall-of-famer was unaware that he had been hit by a jumping front kick and instead had thought he’d been KO’d by a punch.
Dana feels that now is the right time for Couture to retire, and says that he loves him and that he’s been a great ambassador for the sport.
– Dana jokes that if they could the UFC would be back with another event in Toronto next Saturday.
– Jose Aldo claims he felt comfortable in the fifth round and that he was just holding on knowing that he had won the previous four rounds.
– Lyoto Machida gives credit to Steven Seagal for helping him to perfect his front kick and encouraged him to throw it. He does point out that he’s known the technique for the kick for many years though.
– White feels they delivered with their first stadium event and is confident they can do it again in the future. He points out that they don’t think they can fill a stadium every time they go to Canada however, and that it will happen only for certain big fights.
– The new 9pm Eastern Time start time for PPV events will continue, Dana confirms.
– Ben Henderson says his weight-cutting troubles yesterday didn’t affect his performance at all in the Octagon. Later he says that Mark Bocek’s submission attempts didn’t trouble him.
– Machida says he felt a lot of pressure after his recent losses and was anxious to put on a good performance for the fans.
As for the jumping front kick, he says he trains it a lot and had been waiting for the right time to impliment it.
– Dana admits that he’s stumped at the moment as to how they can top tonight’s event.
– When asked whether Mark Hominick had been taken to hospital, White jokes that if they haven’t sent him to hospital then they should never be allowed to put on another event.
– Vladimir Matyushenko says he wanted to prove that he was capable of knockouts and had been wanting one for a long time. He also adds that he now wants to avenge an old loss to Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.
– Shields wants to see his team-mate Nick Diaz fight GSP and believes that he could do well against the UFC champ.
For his part Dana does seem very interested in that fight and praised Diaz for his performance against Paul Daley recently. Despite that he pointed out that Diaz still has a contract with Showtime.
– White says that Machida is now right back in the mix at the top of the 205lb division, but that he’s not yet ready for another shot at the title.
– Chad Mendes could well be the next challenger for Jose Aldo at featherweight according to White. Aldo says he’s not thought about his next opponent and is happy to fight whoever the UFC tell him to.