The weigh-ins for tomorrow night’s UFC 129: GSP Vs Shields event have now successfully taken place in Toronto.
GSP looked confident as he stepped onto the scales to his adoring fans, while Jake Shields looked a little tense but managed a wry smile when he weighed in to a chorus of boos.
Earlier Randy Couture weighed in to a heros reception for what looks like being his last ever fight, while his opponent Lyoto Machida took a leaf out of Anderson Silva’s book by bringing action movie star Steven Seagal along with him.
The only real surprise of the weigh-ins was that former WEC lightweight champion Ben Henderson failed to make weight at the first attempt, coming at 156.5lbs. He’ll now require extra time to cut the last 0.5lbs before he can fight Mark Bocek.
See the official weigh-in results below.
- Champ Georges St-Pierre (169.5) vs. Jake Shields (169) – for welterweight title
- Champ Jose Aldo (145) vs. Mark Hominick (145) – for featherweight title
- Randy Couture (203.5) vs. Lyoto Machida (204.5)
- Jason Brilz (204.5) vs. Vladimir Matyushenko (205.5)
- Mark Bocek (155) vs. Ben Henderson (156.5)
- Nate Diaz (171) vs. Rory MacDonald (170.5)
- Jake Ellenberger (170) vs. Sean Pierson (170)
- Claude Patrick (169.5) vs. Daniel Roberts (170.5)
- Ivan Menjivar (136) vs. Charlie Valencia (135.5)
- Jason MacDonald (185) vs. Ryan Jensen (185)
- John Makdessi (155.5) vs. Kyle Watson (155)
- Pablo Garza (145) vs. Yves Jabouin (146)