The UFC are clearly well prepared for the coming year as they’ve just released a series of event dates for 2013 that spans from January right through to December.
In total eight events have been announced so far, with the majority of them being televised events on either FOX, FX or Fuel TV.
Amongst them are a few we already had caught wind of, such as the first show of the year on January 19th, UFC On FX 7, which is headlined by Vitor Belfort Vs Michael Bisping.
Meanwhile the Superbowl weekend card on February 2nd will be the first numbered event of the year, UFC 156, featuring a featherweight title fight between Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar.
The only other event on the list that currently has a main event attached to it takes place on April 27th and sees TUF Season 17 coaches Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen squaring off for the light-heavyweight title.
There’s also four UFC On FOX events scheduled for January, April, July and December, while the only Fuel TV event named so far takes place on February 16th and will be held at an international destination still to be confirmed.
This is of course just a hint of what’s to come, with as many as 31 events rumored to be in the works for 2013.
Check out all the confirmed dates so far below.
- Saturday, Jan. 19 Brazil UFC on FX: BELFORT vs. BISPING
- Saturday, Jan. 26 United Center, Chicago, Ill. UFC on FOX
- Saturday, Feb. 2 Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, Nev. UFC 156: ALDO vs. EDGAR
- Saturday, Feb. 16 International Event UFC on FUEL TV
- Saturday, April 20 City to be announced UFC on FOX
- Saturday, April 27 Prudential Center, Newark, N.J. UFC: JONES vs. SONNEN
- Saturday, July 27 City to be announced UFC on FOX
- Saturday, Dec. 14 City to be announced UFC on FOX