The medical suspensions resulting from Saturday night’s Fight For The Troops event have now been released.
Somewhat surprisingly, one of the longest lay-offs could now be handed to Matt Mitrione despite the fact he defeated Tim Hague in just 2.59mins of the very first round by TKO.
Unfortunately in the process he injured the second metacarpal in his left hand which leaves him with an indefinite suspension. Though it’s not stated in the report, the damage was most likely sustained during Mitrione’s first knockdown of Hague when he connected with the top of his skull.
See below a list of the most notable medical suspensions resulting from the event.
- Evan Dunham: Suspended until Feb. 22 for precautionary reasons (TKO loss)
- Matt Mitrione: Suspended indefinitely due to injured second metacarpal in left hand; must be cleared by an orthopedic doctor
- Tim Hague: Suspended until Feb. 22 for precautionary reasons (TKO loss)
- George Roop: Suspended until Feb. 22 for precautionary reasons (TKO loss)
- Willamy Freire: Suspended indefinitely due to right-hand and right-cheek injuries; must be cleared by an orthopedic doctor and maxillofacial surgeon